Bust a Myth
PCWorld has a nice article that addresses some of the really tough PC questions:
- Do magnets really zap your data?
- What happens when you forget to "stop" a USB device before disconnecting it?
- Do browser cookies track everything you do on the Internet?
- What happens when you turn off your PC without shutting down Windows first?
- Does opting out of spam generate more spam?
- Does turning off your PC daily to save power really shorten its life?
- Is the government reading everyone's e-mail?
You'll have to read it to find out.
| Privacy & Security
Posted by Jeff Beard